Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anne Frank: Quoted


  • “My nerves get the better of me: it is especially on Sundays that I feel rotten. The atmosphere is so oppressive and sleepy and as heavy as lead. You don’t hear a single bird singing outside, and a deadly close silence hangs everywhere, catching hold of me as if it will drag me down deep into an underworld.”

  • “I have faults, like everybody else, I know that, but they thoroughly exaggerate everything.”

  • “I am my own skipper and later on I shall see where I come to land.”

  • “Why shouldn’t I follow the way my heart leads me, if it makes us both happy.”

  • “Riches can all be lost, but that happiness in your own heart can only be veiled, and it will still bring you happiness again, as long as you live. As long as you can look fearlessly up into the heavens, as long as you know that you are pure within and that you will still find happiness.”

  • “Let the end come, even if it is hard; then at least we shall know whether we are finally going to win through or go under.”

  • “Quite honestly, I can’t imagine how anyone can say: ‘I’m weak’, and then remain so. After all, if you know it, why not fight against it; why not try to train your character? The answer was: ‘Because it’s so much easier not to!’ This reply rather discouraged me. Easy? Does that mean that a lazy, deceitful life is an easy life?”

  • “Laziness appears attractive, but work gives satisfaction.”

No comments:

Post a Comment