Tuesday, March 10, 2009

“Amity” - A Poem


It’s been a long time that I didn’t speak
The words just clung on my tongue’s peak
Now this is the time I’ll let them out
For you to know what it’s all about

From the very first time we got very close
I’ve felt that happiness always flowed
We followed the beat and gracefully danced
’Til the music stopped, I got exhausted

Then we went home and bid goodbyes
You didn’t know I made long sighs
As I thought of you along the way
And prayed that you wouldn’t go astray

So as I eat, I think of you
When I would pray, it’s all for you
And as I sleep, I think of you
And in my dreams, there’s me and you

After time passed, we got closer
We have been always together
Until I said this, “I love you”
Then you revealed your feelings too

But after that, we were very shy
To meet again, I didn’t know why
I cried so much ‘coz I missed you
While hoping that you missed me too

I tried to make things to be better
But as time turned, our times got bitterer
I ignored you, you did the same
Until our Christmas party came

All of the class danced to the beat
With you and me who danced in it
Oh yes we danced and sang and played
But our closeness was still buried

After the party, I hugged the class
And reserved you to be the last
So we could talk to each other longer
But we couldn’t deny that time was over

Then we went home, I drank my lime
While I imagined of our good times
Now it’s already our vacation
And it’s already our “Winter Season”

‘Til Christmas day and New Year’s finished
It’s also time our break has vanished
And now that all our class resumed
Everyone’s relaxation is doomed

Then we’ve waited for graduation to come
We’ve heard “goodbyes” from everyone’s tongue
But months before that said occasion
We didn’t talk again so I bellowed

I was very sad for what had happened
I thought my heart has already harden
I asked myself how it would happen
Because my heart wasn’t even broken

I just wanted to rest my mind
From thinking of you all the time
Because I’ll just be very sad
Maybe I’ll cry again very bad

But all I wanted now is to tell you
I want to be very close to you
But before our college days are through
I’ll repeat this again, “I love you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment