Thursday, May 14, 2009

The David Archuleta Experience

Today is a totally different day. But before I tell you why, I’ll let you know what a normal day is for me. First, I wake up late in the morning, maybe just earlier or later than 9:30, then I’ll make my bed, eat breakfast and after that, I’ll do my chores. Then I’ll watch TV or turn the radio on until it’s time for a meal, lunch and dinner, and sleep again until another day comes.

But today, that routine is broken. I woke up very early in the morning – 8:00. (Yes. Very early.)

I ate my breakfast two times faster than the usual because I wanted to start my chores early.

After eating, I swept the fallen leaves on our roof. (I did because my father told me. I am so obedient.) I was already doing it for like an hour and I was nearly finished when my brother and sister yelled like the roof was going to be ripped off from our house.

“DAVID ARCHULETA!!”

I nearly fell off the roof. The next thing I know was that I ran all over the roof, got myself down, went inside the house and sat in front of out television set. “Hey, you yelled so well,” I told my siblings.

Before I started cleaning the roof, I told them to yell David’s name when the program goes on air. A talk show had him as guest.

I turned the volume louder so I could hear everything. The hosts made a short introduction and finally, David showed up with a big smile painted across his face.

Seeing him here in the Philippines is just priceless.

I shouted, screamed, yelled, threw my hands up, and applauded. I showed my support even if he couldn’t see me nor hear me. I couldn’t even see him clearly until I wiped my happy tears off my face.

David is my hero. He is the person that I am looking up to since he started in American Idol Season 7. He inspires me a lot to do what I love which is singing. Because of him, I had the more strength to join singing competitions or even made me more confident to just show my talent to anyone.

And to tell you more why this day is different, in a normal day, I always do what my dad says immediately and without a single word. But today, I disobeyed him for just a bit. I was watching the TV with all my eyes and ears on it when dad told me to help him pick some mangoes, which, later in the show, David says he loves.

“Can we do it later because I’m watching TV?” I begged.

I saw him frown. “Why? What’s on the TV?” he asked.

“The one from the US who sang…” I continued with a line from “A Little Too Not Over You”, one of David’s many beautiful songs.

After that, he didn’t say anything. I knew he allowed me to watch some more. Maybe he couldn’t protest because actually, he likes that song too. Sometimes, I can hear him sing that song even if he doesn’t know the lyrics.

I continued to watch until the end where he said this Tagalog phrase– “Mahal ko kayo”, which means “I love you.” The audience naturally yelled that they love him too. But if they didn’t do that, I think he felt the love from the screams of all the people. Also, there were girls who really cried their heart out.

That TV program started airing their episodes for like forever and to watch it for the first time because David was their guest is a totally freaking, amazing, mind blowing experience. And to think that we are standing on only one land made it more special. Finally, he felt the great support from us, Filipinos.

But even if I cannot go to his concert on the 16th of May because I have no freaking money and that I cannot show him my utmost support, I know that he will realize how the Filipinos’ love for him is overflowing. I hope that he can feel that every citizen of the Philippines, like me, has given him a space in their hearts only huge enough for him to feel how every beat of it is partly, if not entirely because of him.

Every song that he sings represents all of my days. Every note in a song represents all the hours and all the minutes. These notes create a perfect tune to be heard from the moment I wake up until I sleep and rest to prepare for the next sunshine to wake me up and play a different, but equally perfect tune. Indubitably, this David Archuleta experience will never be forgotten unless the morning light will never wake me up again to play me another Archie music.

1 comment:

  1. hi pinsan. i followed you here. here's my site btw. http://caloycoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete